No. of Recommendations: 0
I know this is a touchy subject, but, I've always accepted that 6ml without question.

Having just read the following on another forum, I have doubts. Is it plausible that so many of us have been conned all this time, is it a myth, now destroyed by the 'truth will out' brigade?

I would like to see evidence disputing these numbers, I would have thought Jews would have pretty comprehensive records somewhere.

"'Between 300,000 and 600,000 would, I think, be closer to the mark.’ How did you come up with these figures?"

The clue is in the comment: as in "Find ironwand's site at YouTube and check out Secrets and Lies."

Ah, well, as the Telegraph's censors won't let me provide a link and it appears you're too idle to go and find it for yourself, here are the figures the video provides:

At Nuremberg, the Soviets insisted that 4million had died at Auschwitz. The allies chose not to question this assertion. In 1948, memorial tablets in 19 different languages were laid commemorating the innocents said to have perished there.

Despite the 'official' Auschwitz figure, a French documentary was, from 1955 onwards, insisting that 9MILLION had died! For more than forty years, 'Nuit et Brouillard, (Night and Fog) was repeatedly shown on French TV and in their schools' system.

In 1973, Dr Jacob Bronowski's intellectual gravitas was brought to bear upon the subject in 'The Ascent of Man.'

"Into this pond were flushed the ashes of some 4 million people," he said.

In 1990, the original memorial stones laid at Auchwitz were removed. Five years later they were replaced. 50 years after Nuremberg first trumpeted the 4m statistic, a new new memorial tablet stated that 1.5 million had died there.

Nowadays the Auschwitz website tells us that 1.1m died.

A great many people lost their lives at Auschwitz. But at least 2.9million more survived than was originally thought.

The death totals have been coming down at other camps too. At Nuremberg, the Soviets declared that 1.5 million had been killed at Madjanek. As of December 2005, the site museum was saying 78,000 people had lost their lives there.

On page 288 of Volume 18 (1963) of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, no less, this is said:

"At Mathausen... close to two million people, mostly Jews, were exterminated between 1941 and 1945."

The US Holocaust Museum now says:

"At least 95,000 died there. More than 14,000 were Jewish."

The Dachau concentration camp used to display a sign saying 240,000 Jews had died there. Nowadays, another sign suggests that 19,000 people perished, mainly of typhus and starvation.

Once upon a time, the powers-that-be demanded we believe that 4m died at Auschwitz and 6m died overall. If you dared to question either figure you would have been vilified as an anti-Semite. And yet, as we have seen, those who once had us pay homage to 4million have now reduced this figure considerably.

However, THE SIX MILLION STAT HAS STAYED THE SAME!

Using the latest figures from the cited camps alone, a total of 462,000 dead emerges, many of whom would not have been Jewish. If that statistic was an accurate record of those who lost their lives in such circumstances, it would still be horrifying.

But it wouldn't be as horrifying as six million.

6ml or 462,000, the horror of this episode in history remains. Problem is, with the numbers in dispute, the deniers hand is strengthened.

Regards

Tony
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement