Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WotPeed Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95924  
Subject: That can't be good Date: 11/14/2012 1:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094924/article/ben-r...

Roethlisberger told reporters on Wednesday that the injury could kill him by pressing against his aorta and puncturing his lung.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92844 of 95924
Subject: Re: That can't be good Date: 11/14/2012 2:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!

pressing against his aorta and puncturing his lung

also sounds anatomically implausible
otoh,
pressing against his aorta OR puncturing his lung

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92845 of 95924
Subject: Re: That can't be good Date: 11/14/2012 2:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
I was going to make a joke along the lines of "well at least he won't be able to rape anyone else then" but decided that it would be in poor taste, so I didn't.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92846 of 95924
Subject: Re: That can't be good Date: 11/14/2012 4:35 PM
Recommendations: 2
So the rib is acting like it's on a hinge and can swipe at both things? Man, Amendola's earlier injury was rare and almost punctured his trachea. And they want to make it 18 regular season games? I think they need to go the other way and reduce it back to 14. Fourteen is a good football number.

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92847 of 95924
Subject: Re: That can't be good Date: 11/15/2012 3:32 AM
I think he should not only play but get out there on defense to get some additional snaps in.

Seriously though, if the rib is popping in and out of place without even making an athletic move it's easily imaginable that if it takes the force of a 250-300+ lb defender hitting him that it could fully dislodge into his lung or aorta.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement