Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2374  
Subject: Re: Summer 2012 Trip plan Date: 6/12/2012 7:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That is quite some detailed itinerary.
Here's what ours looked like for our 6 weeks in Florida this winter:
January 20th: leave home, drive south and east
drive down east coast of Florida
visit Judy in Marathon sometime
get to Key West. Turn around.
drive up west coast of Florida
visit Marilyn in Venice sometime
March 1: return home
Actually, the dates aren't precise either, they're more just "guidelines."
---------------------
There are several reasons for this.

One, we stay at less expensive--and public--campgrounds usually, which fill up early, especially National Parks and other major federal camogrounds. Although I got reservations over a month in advance, I couldn't secure a site in the entire month of July at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan coz they were already full, and got almost the last site in a couple other places such as Interlochen State Park. Also, we pretty much only camp in peak season so far. And in summer we tend to want an electric hookup unless we're far north or at high elevation, in case we need air conditioning. Where we are currently, however, we could have simply shown up unreserved--most of this beautiful campground (Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia SC) is empty. But then school just got out last Friday, and it's been rainy since we got here. I should secure reservations in the Canadian Rockies, Glacier and Olympic National Parks, and probably a couple other peak-seasn places in California for next summer as soon as we get home from this trip in late July.

And finally, I guess I'm a bit of a worrier. I would like ti leave things more as-the-spirit-moves-me when camping, and Ai plan to go more in that direction s we camp in fall, winter and spring.

------------------

Biltmore is great (and expensive), but it's better at Christmas when they put out all the decorations.

------------------
Thx!

--------------------

7/16 Amish Country, northern IN--haven't settled on a cg yet...any suggestions?
No, but I bet the maker of your coach is located there, and probably has a free factory tour. Fascinating stuff, if you can spare a few hours. Might even have a repair shop if you have any issues.

-----------------

How convenient that would be! I know most RVs are made in the Elkhart IN area, but our Lazy Daze was made in Southeern California. Assuming we do the 2013 big retirement celebration trip as (so far vaguely) planned, we will make an appointment then in early fall, en route from Northern California and seeing a Fool in Mesa AZ.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement