UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947898  
Subject: Re: I believe that Romney did not run Bain after Date: 7/22/2012 8:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That quote by Norquist about working digits was so shocking that I had to Google it. Sure enough, it was quoted here back in February:

So how confident is the party that Romney will bend over? Well, just listen to Grover Norquist, head of Americans for Tax Reform, the anti-tax guru who’s got everybody in the Republican party terrified of revenue.

“All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader,” he said at last week's conservative confab, the CPAC conference. “We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate. Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States ... His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.”

http://www.wbez.org/blog/achy-obejas/2012-02-14/republicans-...

Romney will sign whatever a Republican Congress puts on his desk.

Hmmm....

Haven't I heard that somewhere else?

Peter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement