Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/25/2000 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK, everybody, more questions to be answered!!

What is it about starting a new relationship, even if you have absoloutely no clue where it is going to go, that just gives you such a rush of energy???

Maybe it isn't connected at all and I just had way too much coffee the past few days, but I can't help but wonder????

Suddenly, I have a redecorated bathroom (ok, it was never really decorated in the first place!), I have had several cleaning fits, the dining room has nice placemats and candles that match, and the throw pillows on the sofa now match those, too. (The two rooms flow together, so matching is good.)

Now, I am certainly no Martha Stewart, and these were things that I had wanted to do, but never seemed to have the time and energy for, but all of a sudden, boy howdy, I sure do! Heck, I even got the shower drain working properly again!

So, is there a connection, or am I just on caffeine overload?

Cindy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3782 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/25/2000 5:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Cindy,

Good question. I don't know the answer to this. But there is a quote that I keep with me and I read each time I get into a new relationship. It's from the movie Prelude to a Kiss with Alec Baldwin and Meg Ryan.

"When you're first getting to know someone, and in that blissful psychotic first flush of love, it seems like every aspect of their personality, their whole demeanor, the simple lovely twist of their earlobes, and their marvelous phone voice, and their soft, dark, wet.... whatever, is somehow embued with an extra push of color, an intensity, heretofor, you know, unknown..."

Everything looks different, feels different, you think different... It happens to all of us, in different ways. For me, my posture literally changes. I feel taller, somehow. I also start reading more. I take more walks in the park by myself. Can't explain the logic behind any of it. Just how we get.

Enjoy this time. And I hope it only gets better with this new person of yours!!

-b, trying to remember his last walk in the park...

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3783 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/25/2000 5:43 PM
Everything looks different, feels different, you think different... It happens to all of us, in different ways. For me, my posture literally changes. I feel taller, somehow. I also start reading more. I take more walks in the park by myself. Can't explain the logic behind any of it. Just how we get.

Enjoy this time. And I hope it only gets better with this new person of yours!!

Thanks! :) I like how you feel taller - because somehow, my waist is smaller - I don't know how, but somehow, it just IS - I understand completely!

I am certainly enjoying it - not often that you find yourself doing housework with a big goofy grin on your face!

Maybe part of it is also the fact that it has been 10 years since I "started" something new like this - could just be more overwhelming (in the good sense) simply because it has been a while!

However, my cats are highly suspicious, as I usually only have cleaning fits with 24 hours of guests arriving, or my going out of town...

Cindy

Author: EllenE Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3785 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/25/2000 7:00 PM
Ah, yes...I remember this. Felt just like spring fever. It happened last spring (1999) in fact. First time I've had spring fever in years! I didn't have the cleaning urge--I'm usually pretty organized in that department--but the other party did. He suddenly found himself frantically doing things he'd put off--getting new carpet, finishing painting the house, buying a salt and pepper shaker instead of relying on the disposable picnic ones...

Good luck with your rush. Hope it turns out as well as mine did :-)

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3809 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/25/2000 11:17 PM
Cindy,

I am certainly no Martha Stewart

Boy am I glad of this!! One is already too many.

What is it about starting a new relationship, even if you have absoloutely no clue where it is going to go, that just gives you such a rush of energy???

This is why they call it spicing up your life right?
Funny, I've noticed the same thing.

catdaddy

Author: skibum73 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3818 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 12:10 AM
Subliminally, you might be trying to make a good impression. Or you might be trying to do it consciously.

Whenever I have a new girl coming over to my place, it looks like I live in the most perfectly arranged, cleanest apartment you ever saw.

As soon as the relationship gets comfortable or is over, it is right back to the same old dirty Mark. Who knows? I could spend all my time cleaning or be semi-neat and enjoy life without worrying about if the cd's are all in alphabetical order.

~Mark

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3824 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 12:35 AM
Whenever I have a new girl coming over to my place, it looks like I live in the most perfectly arranged, cleanest apartment you ever saw.

Good to know I'm not the only one! Actually I have been making a fair amount of progress around the place anyway (was a bit of a disaster!), and it seems like I suddenly have that extra burst I need for the sprint to the finish line. Doing those smaller things that I would have eventually gotten around to but just didn't seem to have the "get up and go" for it, and all of a sudden, I do!! Stuff like getting the picture hung up in the dining room that I have been meaning to get up forever, getting the bathroom pulled together, and the like.

Nowhere near perfect, but getting darn near the point of presentable!

Cindy

Author: yef Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3825 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 12:43 AM
Nowhere near perfect, but getting darn near the point of presentable!

So when you inviting us over? Woohoo, party at Cindy's!

yef
(ok, for real, this is my last post before bed.)

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3857 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 12:09 PM
Now, I am certainly no Martha Stewart, and these were things that I had wanted to do, but never seemed to have the time and energy for, but all of a sudden, boy howdy, I sure do! Heck, I even got the shower drain working properly again!

So, is there a connection, or am I just on caffeine overload?

Wanna come over and help me whip my place into shape?

:-)

That said, when you figure out whether it's the caffeine or the relationship that's causing the energy rush, please let me know. Whatever it is, I need some, my apartment is a WRECK!

Kaiti

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3888 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 1:27 PM
, when you figure out whether it's the caffeine or the relationship that's causing the energy rush

I'm in the same boat as Cindy, a new guy and a messie house.

I definitly vote for the new guy causing all the energy! I am looking at my place now like someone who has never been there before, and suddenly I'm moving things, clearing spots, looking for a candle here and there....

Cosmos

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3894 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 1:40 PM
When I fall in love, country-western songs start to make sense.....

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3932 of 44390
Subject: Re: That rush!!!!! Date: 6/26/2000 5:03 PM
<When I fall in love, country-western songs start to make sense..... >

Yeow! In that case, get thee to a nunnary.

Ascaris

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement