UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25048  
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 3/1/2001 3:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
That was completly uncalled for and very rude.

Okay, first off I apologize for my rudeness, and I admit that the preceding post was mostly uncalled for. I hereby consider myself fairly chastised.

This IS most certainly nf's board.

I'm afraid, however, that I can't agree with you here. This board was opened at the request of Chris, but its existence was granted by the Motley Fool, which is solely responsible for its content. Yes, Chris can moderate its content by submitting problem reports to the MF staff. But then, so can I and so can you.

Now, I will agree with you as far as saying that I should probably be a little more polite when talking to people, simply in the interest of keeping up a friendly environment on this board. But I think Chris is getting unjustifiably caught up in administration details by telling people that they should go searching through past topics for key words. The speaker's corner page also says:
"Even though these are individual boards, they are public, so please be nice to guests who wander into your house."

While I'm in red mode I'll also mention it is not very nice to keep opening your posts with a line like "Theis just goes to show that you really have no idea what you are talking about" If you have a problem with the level of ignorance take it up with Bush who sinks money elsewhere then education or pataki who cuts state higher ed budgets (or tries to) every year, or the board of bloody education that doesn't teach science correctly in highschool in the first place.

It's not in my nature to defend Bush, but in all fairness, he really hasn't had time to do any damage to the school boards yet. The poor guy has only been in office for a month and a half.

I essentially agree with you that the state of science education is generally lousy. That is the case partly because local school boards are so easily cowed by special interest groups. Some people go on the offensive when, in fact, they DON'T have any idea what the real science is about, and I think it behooves us to point that out once in a while.

Now, having said that, I will try in the future to be a little more diplomatic with Flash.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement