UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (54) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GardenStateFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883990  
Subject: Re: OT? Taking turns Date: 2/4/2013 10:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That was something that never occured to me - that a couple would "take turns" on something like that.
I always just figured, whoever was In Need, that is where the money is spent (on repairs/tires/vehicles/phones/whatnot...) not on a rotation.

I am driving my Second Ever car. My first car was a Toyota Camry previously owned by my parents (so I did not choose it).

My current car is a 2000 Civic, which I purchased new but did not then, and do not now, like or enjoy driving. However, it is perfectly serviceable and works, so I tolerate it. I will continue to tolerate it until it falls apart.

DH has had seven cars in the last 20 years. Three have been company cars.

He is also very tall and has a much longer commute than I do.

We are going to be in a position to have to replace new cars in the next couple of years or so.

Due to budget, etc., it appears that he will end up in a CRV-EX, because it has the power eight-way driver's seat that he needs to fit into it comfortably and, due to budget, I will end up with a Fit.

I'm resentful and irritated and annoyed and aggravated by that, as I want a grown-up car, not another first-car level stripped down model.

And he acknowledges that it is "my turn" to pick the car I want, as he has had the last two be his choice.

But life will not work out that way and I will end up sucking it up because there's no reason not to, and it's just a car, after all, and my requirements for a car are incredibly basic.

But yes, mentally it works that way and in reality it does not.

GSF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (54) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement