Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
That WebMD piece was written in August 2003. There's been a ton of increasingly supportive research in the past decade.

Very nice review of the recent evidence. I've been incorporating dark chocolate into my diet anyway, but now I'll have greater confidence that I'm doing good for more than my taste buds.

A more esoteric nutritional topic that I've been reading about, and I'd be curious about the board's views on, is the role of branched chain amino acids (BCAA's). They've been looked at for a number of different applications including liver disease, psychiatric disorders, tardive dyskinesia and ALS. My particularly interest is as a nutritional supplement to weight lifting. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/expert-guides/bcaas. Be curious if you or the rest of the board have any insight on their use in this context.

martybl
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement