No. of Recommendations: 2
The Department of Energy boasts that it has spent $34.7 billion on green technologies, creating nearly 60,000 jobs. Great. Columnist Deroy Murdock did the math: that's $578,333 in taxpayer funds for each job. And those "green" firms propped up by Obama keep going bankrupt. Solyndra, Ener1, Aptera Motors, Beacon Power -- the list goes on. So it's a total loss for the taxpayers. Meanwhile, the price of gasoline approaches $4.00 a gallon.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/19/obama_w...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
>> Columnist Deroy Murdock did the math: that's $578,333 in taxpayer funds for each job. <<

What's really sad about this is that it makes welfare look like a great investment in comparison.

No. of Recommendations: 1
>> Columnist Deroy Murdock did the math: that's $578,333 in taxpayer funds for each job. <<

What's really sad about this is that it makes welfare look like a great investment in comparison.

With all due respect to Arette I bet the columnist was not an economist. For whatever reason, when they get columns they seem to become complete morons, same goes with government jobs

I know it is not economists in general, I mean I have known a number of economics professors and they are sharp honest inciteful and typically sarcastic beyond redemption
Advertisement