Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445663  
Subject: Re: Women, Listen Up! Date: 1/24/2013 2:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
That's a nice ideal, but considering that 50% of marriages fall apart and then they start trying to screw each other out of every penny, including emptying every bank and investment account and then running up all the credit cards, it's safer to have at least *some* money in separate accounts.

--------

The thing is... as we see on this very board, some people believe such a thing will just NEVER happen to them. So they will argue against separate accounts based on every imaginable reason they can think of. It doesn't surprise me. I've been down this road before. And I've seen people it HAS happened to who believed it would never ever happen to them. It's a disaster. But when people's minds are made up there isn't much you can do to change them. However, circumstances often change minds when nothing else will.

My hope for all here is that no such circumstances ever happen to them and that they live long and happy lives together without problem.

Me...I will keep enough money to be independent whatever might happen. I'll always be able to pay my bills - and walk away if I have to. Like everyone here, I don't anticipate that happening. But if it does, I have the resources to handle it. And, frankly, my husband wouldn't have it any other way - because he really does care about me and he knows that as long as I'm able to walk away and yet stay, I'm staying because I want to stay - not because I have nowhere else to go nor the means to go there.

AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement