UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41594  
Subject: That's annoying Date: 10/29/2012 9:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I realize the markets aren't open, but I thought I would queue some transactions for when the markets do open.

However, my brokerage won't even accept orders right now.

Another annoying thing: my brokerage won't allow me to change certain account settings unless the markets are open (such as what to do with dividends: reinvest or put into my money market).

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40761 of 41594
Subject: Re: That's annoying Date: 10/29/2012 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
... my brokerage won't even accept orders right now.

Another annoying thing: my brokerage won't allow me to change certain account settings unless the markets are open (such as what to do with dividends: reinvest or put into my money market).

Could it be because of the threat from Sandy?

culcha

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40762 of 41594
Subject: Re: That's annoying Date: 10/29/2012 11:01 AM
Some of it is.

They are not accepting orders because of Sandy. Usually they do accept transaction orders when the markets are closed. It may just be that they don't have the staff in place to handle processing the orders.

The constraints on dividend investment options exist all of the time. I find that annoying because I am at work when the markets are open. It doesn't often allow me to hop on and change those settings.

Jim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement