Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
That's basically my understanding. I contacted my CPA when I first heard about this. He mentioned something about a three year window in which to file for a refund. He said that it was too late for me to file individually, but that I should contact my former employer as they may have applied on my behalf. They are requesting that I sign the consent form to collect the refund on my behalf.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.