Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bcfrench Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: Re: Not Impressed Date: 2/25/2005 4:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
That's definitely a small business that has not learned that keeping a customer is much more important than a ball of yarn.

I'm not saying that every customer is worth it, or every customer is always right. I've run my own business for eleven years and I can tell you from personal experience that there are some customers who are not worth keeping. But this is NOT the case here.

An imperfect product, just like any broken object, can be written off as a business loss.

I can understand not wanting to buy, say, a lot of 10 cars to get one that a person needs, but this is yarn. Especially in today's age of online stores, bricks shops need to be as willing, if not more so, to do special orders, within reason of course.

Also, a store owner in a niche market should realize that people in his niche talk to one another. They belong to clubs. They meet together. They talk on the Internet. Recommendations for or against such establishments bear enormous weight among close-knit (pardon the pun) groups such as crafters.

He's not going to stay in business with that attitude.

...Barb
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement