No. of Recommendations: 1
That’s how long I want to live: 75 years.

I'll be happy to help Emmanuel achieve his wish. I admit, I have a deep bias against the man.

But, if we stuck to his wishes we'd miss out on this list:

I don't recognize the majority of these people. But what contributions would we have missed out on? How much lesser the world?

On a personal level, my Granny lived to 98. For the last 25 years of her life, we had a tradition of Sunday afternoon/evening phone calls (usually during the Atlanta Braves baseball game). Just the knowledge gained was priceless.

Yes, medicine can do a much better job of "end of life" discussions. But I hate all the "data" saying $x is spent in the last y months of life. You can gives statistics, but you just don't know until you go there. And what data/knowledge is gained/lost? On the flip side, take severe premie babies. When I finished residency training (1995) 28 EGA (3 months premature) was cutting edge and chances were you had a vegetable at the end. I just finished seeing a child that was born at 23 EGA and with the exception of being a little small, he was your normal 5 year old kid.

JLC, who has the genes to potentially make it to 100.
Print the post  

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.