Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The 2014 Chevrolet SS — which will be built upon the platform used for Australia's Holden VF Commodore

Color me underwhelmed. Perfect for NASCAR - shove a big engine into a big car approaching obsolescence, but I'm not sure why I as a consumer should get excited about it. GM already has the "lots of horsepower in a car a size too big" base covered with the Cadillac CTS-V, and I'm not sure what the SS will add to the mix other than perhaps a little cheaper price.

I think the make-or-break car coming up for GM is the Cadillac ATS-V. So far the early reports aren't encouraging. GM really needs it to be BETTER than the ///M3. Predictions are for a twin-turbo V6 with about 380hp and 0-60 a tich under five seconds. These predictions put it behind the last generation ///M3, which has 414hp and 0-60 in the mid 4s.

We don't yet know exactly what Munich is going to bring us for the next generation ///M3, but predictions are a twin-turbo V6 with 429hp. Hard to see Cadillac dethroning the reigning champion by giving away fifty horsepower.

martybl
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement