Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The act of changing mailing addresses should have no impact on your CA state taxes, notwithstanding Peter's comments.

But what now will be mailed to your address? If you were named beneficiary of his IRA(s) or qualified retirement plan(s) or deferred annuity(s) or interest on his CD(s) or MF/Stock dividends, etc, etc...then that will be income to you and would most likely be reportable as income for CA state tax purposes....although whether IRA/retirement plan withdrawals are includable as income can vary by state.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.