Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
The advantage of clip less pedals is when you pull as well as push on the pedals. If you haven't reached that point yet you don't need them.

Well, in general, that's the reason I use the clipless. When the bike's going, I'm a regular Honey Badger and the husband can't keep up with me ....hills or flats, I drop him. I guess I should've realized when he kept asking if I could slow down a bit on the hills and the answer was ....no. I had no choice but to go fast.

I don't know why I first started using clipless. I guess I thought that's what you did. As strange as it seems, I never had an inkling that there was a problem. Even my husband didn't realise until our trip to Colorado last year. Neither did I come to that .... here's an admission of my first encounter with The Topple Over ..

http://boards.fool.com/and-too-many-of-us-avoid-exposing-our...

...the first of many.

See, if you're something of an newbie to the bike culture, this is stuff you find out the hard way. Happy to find it out, mind, so don't be apologetic about pointing out my stooped.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement