UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: orchidman16 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 188709  
Subject: Re: Microsoft Security Essentials versus AVG Fre Date: 10/19/2009 8:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The Avast scan times are also much faster than AVG 8.5 which I was using before switching. I hear AVG 9.0 is supposed to have improved this, but they have already lost me as a customer/user and I see little reason to switch back to see if it's really any better.
YMMV,
Kurt
================================
Well, don't mean to take up too much space with my situation but ...

Have enjoyed AVG Free since v7.5. Just installed v9 a few days ago.

Scan times with v9 do seem to be faster than when using 8.5 Free but opening of many web site is painfully slow..

Tonight I disabled NoScript I use with Mozilla Firefox and also disabled AVG Safe Search 9 just to see the difference. Maybe a bit faster now. I still look suspiciously at the AVG Link Scanner. Seems to be my favorite target at the moment. But I could be wrong.

Thinking seriously of uninstalling AVG9 Free and trying Avast Free. Slow speed of loading websites has taken place since upgrading both AVG Free v8.5 and Zone Alarm Free.

Maybe both programs are getting even with me for years of using them for free...

Must be a special place in heaven for those of us who use computers....

Orchidman16
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement