The average retiree gets about 50% of their retirement income from SS and 10% from pensions for a total of 60%. Only 12% of retirement income comes from assets on average. The typical retiree is apt to get twice as much income from work as from assets!Anyway, this poll was an interesting exercise for me. As a couple, we're in a higher bracket than I am alone because, while our assets are nearly identical, his SS benefit is bigger plus he has 2 pensions to my none. I often think his pensions are way small because even put together they're nowhere near livable, but they add up to a bit more than the median pension income so no complaints.Early days, but so far we have 1 in the 40-60% bracket and 3 in the 60-80%. I confess to some surprise as I thought more of us were asset-heavy. I guess we also tend to be high on the SS income scale from good-paying jobs, and maybe more of us have pensions than I'm aware of. Or perhaps many of us realize less than 4% of assets as income.
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. M