Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
The bad news is that a few months ago (Sept. 2000), when her mind was still very much in a fog due to her sleep disorder, she called up one of her mutual fund companies and requested a check for $10,000 from a Roth IRA which she had converted in 1998. She didn't need the money, and certainly not from a recent Roth conversion.
I still have the check. It has not been cashed. The mutual fund company said they can't do anything because more than 60 days has passed.
Can I approach the IRS and ask for help?

You can, but I don't see any basis in law for a remedy. Sorry.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.