UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63308  
Subject: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/18/2012 2:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nine screen shots to illustrate ..

http://imgur.com/a/znYI6

(I've heard again about this movie over the past
several months as a 'forgotten/neglected gem'.)
((click on pics to enlarge))

nl
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62045 of 63308
Subject: Re: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/18/2012 2:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I liked it.

Didn't care for the Robin Williams cameo here or in "A.I.," but otherwise fine.

Ken

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62046 of 63308
Subject: Re: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/18/2012 3:06 PM
it's astonishing how ubiquitous Williams was for a time.
And amazing how prolific he continues to be.

just saw him, again, on 'Louie' the other night .. and
he's completed (or nearly) five movie parts since then!
The more restrained he is the better he is.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62050 of 63308
Subject: Re: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/19/2012 1:07 PM
I've walked by Williams' cliffside home in San Francisco. It must be stupendously expensive. Hence he must continue to slave away for those mortgage payments. <g>

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62054 of 63308
Subject: Re: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/19/2012 5:10 PM
I saw that movie in a big theater in Chicago. It wasn't widely released, but I enjoyed it at the time. Haven't seen it since then, and unbelievably I'd forget about the Venus scene, yum.

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62057 of 63308
Subject: Re: The Beauty of Baron Munchausen Date: 11/20/2012 3:32 AM
she was, I believe, 18 at the time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement