Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

IMHO the best beer has got to be Creemore Springs .
Its a lovely little draft beer sold either on tap at your local watering hole(if your lucky enough) or at the the liquor store in Pint bottles. If your ever going to be in Ontario, Canada please try some and tell me what you think.

P.S. What do you think is best beer in the world???

1THEGUY1
Print the post Back To Top
The best beer is the beer you make yourself.

However, the Belgians make some extremely tasty beers - Chemay comes to mind.
However, the Belgians make some extremely tasty beers

I'm going to have to schedule a vacation there someday - sounds like paradise!

I spent a year in the Czech Republic, another renowned beer nation. My favorite was Budejovicky Budvar (a.k.a. Budweiser - it puts U.S. Bud to shame). I also liked Bohemia Regent, Radegast, and Staropramen. Dark beers I liked include Mestan and Krusovice.

Come to think of it, bad beers were pretty few and far between there...

Cody
(_8^(')
I did not find any GREAT beers in Spain, Italy or France. As a matter of fact I got a screeming headache from 33 extra dry in France... after only 2 pints.

I did find a pretty good beer in Western Australia... Swan Lagar. Pretty good.

In Japan I like Ashai or Kirin

In Philipines I like Red Horse (Liquid Crack)

In Thailand I liked Fosters Lagar... I know... an Australian beer again... but Singhi gave be the runs and a pounding headache.

In Mexico I like Dos Equis (Amber) or anything I don't have to put a lime in to make it taste ok.

Hong Kong I liked Tsing Tao?? or something like that...

In Korea I liked the old Crown beer (back in the early 80's) but now I like Cass.

All the rest if the time I was too drunk to remember what I was drinking.... :P

G

geroxx sez:

Hong Kong I liked Tsing Tao?? or something like that...
===================================================

An interesting story about Tsing Tao, which is a Chinese beer: before WWII, Chinese beer was essentially a regional affair. Beer was brewed as homebrew, maybe there were a few breweries here and there. But it definitely wasn't an _industry_, per se.

During WWII, however, things changed. Japan invaded and (temporarily at least) conquored a significant portion of China. Of course they also killed a large number of Chinese.

Noticing an open market for good, mass produced beer, and believing that the destiny of the Axis powers was world domination, Japan and Germany got to talking. Beck's brewery decided to build a shiny new, hi-tech brewery on the banks of the Yangtze river. The thought was, after the dust settled, Beck's would have a head start on a wide open market in China, with endless profit potential. And I guess it makes sense, as if the Japanese and Germans were my overlords in the '40s, I would want to drink more beer.

So the brewery was built, but surprise surprise, the Japanese were of course defeated, and among the spoils of war was a bright, shiny brewery for China!!

No. of Recommendations: 1
Is the imported Tsing Tao that I get here in the States the same brew that one gets in China?

JoJo
Personally I believe that the best beer in the world is Coors. I'm also very fond of Heineken and Radler.
JoJo - I think the Tsing Tao beer we get in the states is the same as in China - I've had it both places and it tastes the same to me. I certainly prefer it to Tiger, which gives me a headache.

For Latin American beer, I prefer Pascena in Bolivia and Medalla in PR.

MH

The best beer in the world is from Belgium.

It is called DUVEL
The best beer in the world is from Belgium.

It is called DUVEL

What? Not Chimay?
The best beer in the world is whatever is free. Remember the Chad's First Law which states "You don't drink beer or coffee for the taste."

-Chad
The best beer in the world is whatever is free. Remember the Chad's First Law which states "You don't drink beer or coffee for the taste."

I hate to disagree with you, no that's not true. From disagreement comes debate, and I love a good debate. So, let me start over.

I love to disagree with you, and to that extent, let me share a little story. For various dietary reasons my wife and I have abstained from beer for the last month. All those Carbs, don't you know. Well, yesterday afternoon I cracked open my first beer in a month.

(Pausing for dramatic effect)

It was a little liquid, slice of heaven. It wasn't even good beer, just a lite beer, but it tasted like ambrosia.

In conclusion, free beer is a good thing. But belive me when I say, if you don't drink beer for the taste, then why are you drinking? There are other drinks out there for you.

A wine cooler maybe?:)

Barmin

There is nothing wrong with a beer that tastes good. That is simply a bonus.

I stand by my law. You don't drink beer or coffee for the taste. I can tell from your post that you agree with me on that. Therefore, since the purpose of drinking beer is the buzz, the cheaper the better. If you can get good tasting beer for free, then you have, indeed, a good friend.

-Chad
No. of Recommendations: 2
Ruggernaut (Chad) wrote:

Therefore, since the purpose of drinking beer is the buzz, the cheaper the better. If you can get good tasting beer for free, then you have, indeed, a good friend.
---------

Oh dear God, if you're only looking for a buzz, go sniff a highlighter. Beer is more than a means to an end. Beer is, when done well, a drinkable work of art. A good brewmaster mixes grains, varities of hops and good water to produce a pleasing, complex, and flavorful beer.

IMHO The 5 best beers in the world are:

1. Budvar - the original Budweiser (Czech Republic)
2. Fat Tire - nice Western US favorite (Colorado)
3. Grimberggen Double/Dubbel - better from the tap than bottles, (Belgium)
4. John Courage - Just plain good (UK)
5. Chimay Tripel - Proof positive that Trappist Monks are truly blessed by God (Belgium)

Now as far as coffee goes, you've got a point.

Chip
I tried the highlighter thing but the belches suck.
Advertisement