UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977252  
Subject: Re: The Dems want it, let them have it. Date: 11/17/2012 10:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 41
The best thing Republicans could do is let the Dems have everything they want. Let them truly own the Liberal agenda and in ten or fifteen years there wouldn't be one Democrat elected anywhere in the US.

Of course total control of power by a single party is almost certainly going to be a bad thing. This is true if for no other reason, because it leads to almost certain corruption and the inefficiency that results from that. Witness Arizona during the past several years.

But then the funny part about this post is what you think the Liberal agenda consists of:

Bloat the deficit? Done Yeah. "Done" alright. That was done by Bush-Cheney in case you've been asleep for the past 15 years.

Cut defense? Done You may have this one right. I and many liberals probably would like to see some significant cuts in defense spending. The problem right now is that defense budget cuts will result almost directly in job loss and unemployment. We need to get the economy going stronger so that we can cut defense deeply. I would favor cuts in the 20% to 25% range over a period of years.

Leave SS and Medicare and Medicaid alone? Done I don't hear anyone saying this. Almost everyone wants to see SS, Medicare and Medicaid made more sustainable. SS can be fixed with very minor tweaks. Medicare is a bigger problem. As far as I can tell, most liberals want to fix these programs to guarantee the longevity of the program. The fixes they prefer just aren't the same as the ones the right favor. The right seems to be too lazy or too simple minded to think of a solution to fix them. Their preference is to gut them and let Granny die at the curb. I'm confident we can do better than that.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement