UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932561  
Subject: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 7:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 112
People who voted GOP because they wanted tax cuts, claiming that Obama voters voted Dem because they wanted free stuff.

--FY
Print the post Back To Top
Author: thoughtcrook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836958 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 11:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If you don't tweet it, I will:

#2012election Ironic: People who voted GOP because they wanted tax cuts, claiming that Obama voters voted Dem because they wanted free stuff

Author: pixiecakes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836967 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 0
People who voted GOP because they wanted tax cuts, claiming that Obama voters voted Dem because they wanted free stuff.

Because they see tax cuts as keeping more of what was already theirs.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836986 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 12:50 PM
Recommendations: 2
If they want more of what's theirs, hand them their share of the tab for the national debt.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836989 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 12:51 PM
Republicans racing to not only distance themselves from Flip, but everything he's said/saying:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/15/romney_s_g...

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837039 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 2:07 PM
Recommendations: 2
And some local irony: People on the Conservative Fools board, discussing ways to buy everything on the black market to avoid paying sales tax on it, along with anything they can think of to dodge income taxes, because they're so offended that some people don't pay their fair share of taxes.

Frydaze1

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837043 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 2:15 PM
And some local irony: People on the Conservative Fools board, discussing ways to buy everything on the black market to avoid paying sales tax on it, along with anything they can think of to dodge income taxes, because they're so offended that some people don't pay their fair share of taxes.

Frydaze1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay I'm not being a wise-arse this time. This is a serious question for 'Frydaze1':

Do you believe the viewpoint that "some people don't pay their fair share" is a common conservative position? In your opinion is that position exclusive to conservatives or are there also liberals who believe "some people don't pay their fair share". Just trying to get a sense for what you are thinking here.

Mark

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837050 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 2:28 PM
Do you believe the viewpoint that "some people don't pay their fair share" is a common conservative position? In your opinion is that position exclusive to conservatives or are there also liberals who believe "some people don't pay their fair share". Just trying to get a sense for what you are thinking here.

It's not a matter of which side thinks all taxes on everyone are fair. It's a matter of which side is hypocritically responding by avoiding their legal tax obligations in response.

Frydaze1

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837054 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:02 PM
It's not a matter of which side thinks all taxes on everyone are fair. It's a matter of which side is hypocritically responding by avoiding their legal tax obligations in response.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republicans using the black market to avoid taxes is stupid, silly, pointless, etc. It is NOT 'hypocritical' and it is not 'irony' as you have stated.

Hypocrisy means doing the opposite of what you believe. Republicans oppose taxes generally. Avoiding taxes is not hypocritical, it is illegal.....and dumb.

Mark

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837055 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:04 PM
Hypocrisy means doing the opposite of what you believe. Republicans oppose taxes generally.

Don't you mean excessive taxation?

Grape

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837058 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:12 PM
Hypocrisy means doing the opposite of what you believe. Republicans oppose taxes generally.

Don't you mean excessive taxation?

Grape
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I was speaking generally. I'm sure they do not want a zero tax rate.

Mark

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837075 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:30 PM
"Republicans oppose taxes generally."

Not true. You have to have tax revenue.

"Avoiding taxes is not hypocritical, it is illegal.....and dumb."

Not sure what you are talking about here. Avoiding unnecessary taxes means doing so legally, to me. It is just being smart with your money. Doing something illegal is a crime - what you are talking about is criminal, not simply 'avoiding taxes'. With good planning, you can pay less than you'd have to, by simply following the advice of a tax professional. There is nothing wrong with that.

Mitt does it all the time.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837078 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:34 PM
Not sure what you are talking about here. Avoiding unnecessary taxes means doing so legally, to me. It is just being smart with your money. Doing something illegal is a crime - what you are talking about is criminal, not simply 'avoiding taxes'. With good planning, you can pay less than you'd have to, by simply following the advice of a tax professional. There is nothing wrong with that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Read the thread. Talking about angry Republicans scheming to buy things on the black market. Illegal.

Mark

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837084 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 3:40 PM
"Read the thread. Talking about angry Republicans scheming to buy things on the black market. Illegal."

Oops, sorry. Ah, I just picked up on this sentence "Avoiding taxes is not hypocritical, it is illegal.....and dumb.", and missed the black market context. You meant avoiding taxes by utilizing the black market. Gotcha.

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837106 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 4:17 PM
Republicans using the black market to avoid taxes is stupid, silly, pointless, etc. It is NOT 'hypocritical' and it is not 'irony' as you have stated.

That depends on your stated reasons for doing it. If you spend a lot of time complaining about "the 47%" and then encourage tax evasion specifically to avoid participating in paying taxes that you think others aren't paying enough of, that's hypocrisy and irony.

If you're merely evading taxes to evade taxes, that's merely illegal.

Frydaze1

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837111 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 4:21 PM
Also, for the record, I'm not saying that everyone on that board - or even everyone on the relevant threads, is encouraging such things. Just a few.

Frydaze1

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837189 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 6:25 PM

I think you miss Romney's point, Yap. What he truly believes is that the real beneficiaries of tax cuts for his wealthy NASCAR team-owning friends are not his friends, but us, the unambitious free-loading massses.

See, American thrives only thanks to that select few UltraYanks, the SuperAmericans who build things on their own, who create jobs, who Serve and Protect. It is the rest of us who benefit thanks to their generosity to drag us along in the wake of their success, their excellene, their superiority. And any whining we do about their amassing more wealth, or being granted the right to own ammo clips with thousands of rounds in them is just due to our narrow, selfish, self-centered, me me me culture that is destroying the values which peaked in 1787-89.

Shame on Obama for wanted to hobble these noble, virtuous, God-buddies who suffer the weak and the poor in order to raise them up through their unselfish accumulation of wealth.

Get it?

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837206 of 1932561
Subject: Re: The biggest irony of this election Date: 11/15/2012 7:15 PM
Republicans racing to not only distance themselves from Flip, but everything he's said/saying:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/15/romney_s_g......

It is interesting to note that Jindal says they have to change and give two [new] messages -- but he certainly doesn't say anything about actually changing the filth party's positions on anything. Spin as usual.

Wessex

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement