Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 0gre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 131  
Subject: The Bottom Date: 1/23/2007 6:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
While over on the BMW board I saw a message from Denny that made me think of ASVI's stock price history over the last year. The idea is that when people anticipate bad news the stock value goes down. So when the bad news actually happens the stock value is often flat or sometimes even climbs.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25076580&Posted=25076601&pt=r

-- Dennis
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Metal27 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 131
Subject: Re: The Bottom Date: 1/31/2007 12:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Dennis,
Time for a quote from my favorite, "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator", the story of Jesse Livermore. He quotes Baron Rothschild, asked how he makes so much money in the market, as saying "I never buy at the bottom and I always sell too soon."

Cheers,

Scott

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126 of 131
Subject: Re: The Bottom Date: 1/31/2007 1:37 PM
ASV just got a buy rating so maybe we have seen the bottom:

http://www.newratings.com/analyst_news/article_1465645.html

Denny Schlesinger

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement