UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Polywilliams Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308695  
Subject: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 10/15/2005 12:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 43
...is that $6,688.64 is precisely ten percent of a very big BIG-bad-ugly, dare I say FUGLY number that kept me up at night in September of '03.

Polywilliams
'every guy grab a girl, everywhere around the world...'
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ClimbingOut One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212563 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 10/15/2005 2:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I believe I know exactly what you are saying. That's one of my own milestones as wel. Congratulations.

Author: Booa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212569 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 10/15/2005 3:03 PM
Wow. Two years, and you've paid down $60,197.76. That is AMAZING!

Wow, wow, wow. Poly, that is some sweet, sweet news. I am really happy for you. And I bet you are sleeping just fine at night now.

--Booa

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212587 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 10/15/2005 6:33 PM
Fantastic, Poly!!

Keep up the good work, and soon you'll be at $668.86, only 1% of where you started. :-)

DizChick

Author: NWAScaper Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212757 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 10/17/2005 8:22 PM
And I bet you are sleeping just fine at night now.

Yeah, especially since you aren't having to sleep in the van now :).

Author: hwkncat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216692 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/26/2005 5:11 AM
Poly,

Can you post the links to your story? I have been away from the Fool for a few months, and tonight reading some of the success stories of others makes me happy for them and sick to my stomach for the ball and chain I am carrying around.

I need alot of inspiriation to keep me going.

On the bright side, I was going to try to visit the post Christmas sales but reading a few of your stories stopped me dead in my tracks, especially seeing debt amounts larger than mine wiped out in 3 years or less.

hwkncat
I don't think the indigestion is from the christmas cookies

Author: royinstl Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216693 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/26/2005 7:15 AM
Poly,

Can you post the links to your story? I have been away from the Fool for a few months, and tonight reading some of the success stories of others makes me happy for them and sick to my stomach for the ball and chain I am carrying around.

I will second hwkncat's request. I would greatly enjoy a summary of Poly(Many Bills) updates. For some reason searching 2003-2004 on you screen name is not very reveling. For some reason I missed this post until today please accept my belated rec. Congratulations on the 90% Kill.
~
Roy (Poly fan...Appling more butter )

Author: Polywilliams Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216704 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/26/2005 5:10 PM
Hwk, I'm afraid that my TMF journal entries have been pretty hit and miss compared to many posters here. Much of my story has not been detailed here, so if you look back, you'll find more of a scattering of minor victories than a roadmap or the blow by blow synopsis.

The details of my paydown are logged in my 'get out of debt' notebook on my desk. Perhaps I can chronicle the story of the past 2+ years when I reach $0 debt. This date is actually right around the corner, so I'll try to do this when time permits.

If I can help you in any way, I'd be happy to. Perhaps it's time for you to post your situation and numbers on this forum for some fresh ideas and a kick in the pants. ;)

Wishing you the best,
Polywilliams

Author: hwkncat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216721 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/27/2005 3:37 AM
Please do when you hit your milestone, it will be very much appreciated :-)

I'll post my numbers when I get them all together and on my own PC.

hwkncat

Author: Doggiediner One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216729 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/27/2005 9:43 AM
Poly,

Please do post a summary soon. Am also looking for some inspiring stories to kick off 2006. Don't keep us waiting too long please! :)

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216822 of 308695
Subject: Re: The bright side of owing $6,688.64 Date: 12/29/2005 8:08 PM
The details of my paydown are logged in my 'get out of debt' notebook on my desk. Perhaps I can chronicle the story of the past 2+ years when I reach $0 debt. This date is actually right around the corner, so I'll try to do this when time permits.

If I can help you in any way, I'd be happy to. Perhaps it's time for you to post your situation and numbers on this forum for some fresh ideas and a kick in the pants. ;)

Poly,

Count me on the list of people who want to read your story when you get around to posting it.

I'm looking forward to your Happy Dance that is right around the corner.

DizChick

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement