Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8418  
Subject: Re: The name i.s Marlow -- no e Date: 9/23/2008 10:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The Chihuahua saw his opportunity and took it. What I don't get is why Bugsy didn't notice that the Chihuahua was carrying a shotgun.

Maybe he hid it under his coat.

Burley

-reads a lot-

A mark of a good detective novel writer is misguiding the reader so the denouement comes as a surprise while simultaneously realizing the clues were evident all along. To this end often spurious ‘clues’ are made further misguiding the reader. All this is done so the final chapter of the book must take place with all the book’s participants gathered together in one room while the protagonist gives a detailed explanation of all clues (real and surmised) and unveils the killer.

The Name is Marlow – no e, written by Agatha Christie under the pen name of Miky Spillaine and in the style of Dashielle Hammett with a whiff of Raymond Chandler, follows all the necessary procedurals of detective writing but for exotic locale as found in Christie’s earlier works: the potting shed. I believe she left out that location because walking a Chihuahua in one is restrictive.

I am pleased you read Marlow. Since the story has so many recs I am now editing a story in the same genre but updated. It concerns the British MI6, the US’s CIA, the Canadian RCMP and how a British agent, 006, infiltrates the present low-quality loans fiscal problem. It is titled: The name is Bond – Municipal Bond.

Look for it at a Jester Board near you.

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement