No. of Recommendations: 0
The classic technique for freeing an upper sash is to use two hydraulic jacks, one on each side. (10 or 20 ton should be large enough.) .... One other thing: wear safety glasses.

This sounds scarier than having the sashes down! Given that I don't have hydraulic jacks or know what they are, what kind of professional am I looking for to do this? A carpenter? Handyman? Window specialist?

Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.