Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The company I am currently working for does not deduct taxes of any kind from my paycheck, which is something I've never experienced before and am unsure what to do concerning paying state and federal taxes

Sounds like some of my old friends...The company is will probably give you a Form 1099 or not report the compensation at all.

Unless you are a legitimate sub-contractor your employer is in violation various and sundry laws, regulations, probably a few codes, too.

.Do I need to pay taxes on a quarterly basis? Yes

Can I pay at the end of the year?Yes, but there are penalties for not paying quarterly taxes.

What are things to consider? Unless you are a legitimate sub-contractor (salesman ?) your employer is probably violating the law. I would discuss the tax situation with the bookeeping department and find out what they plan to do. Don't forget about SS taxes.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.