UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726813  
Subject: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 5:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
OK, I like the conservatism of FoxNews and recognize the liberalism of MSNBC.

But goodness gracious.....do you guys feel it's too much?? You get slammed with political bias? Don't you at SOME POINT, want fair reporting?? I remember Jedi making a post about this.

No!! FoxNews is NOT FAIR AND BALANCED....it is tipped HEAVILY towards conservatism......MSNBC IS TIPPED heavily towards liberalism. I'm conservative, but I want REALITY. Give me what is real, not what I want in terms of politics.

Man, FoxNews puts on Frank Luntz, the focus group guy with the group of 15-20 or so sitting in room for questioning. And when you put on a focus group, you are supposed to get true political opinion, bias free. Right?? Good grief....Luntz' group is obviously chosen to speak against Obama and FOR Romney.

My goodness...try to be fair....I may starting watching CNN because of all this.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650351 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My goodness...try to be fair....I may starting watching CNN because of all this.
--------------------------------------------------------
If you start watching CNN to get fairness you may be supremely disappointed.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650354 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:43 AM

Obama also may have been as bas as the

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650355 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:46 AM

Obama also may have been as bad as the panel indicated. Anyone forced to actually pay attention saw a rather dishonest Obama who had a number of strawman attacks parried nicely, and an Obama who was chastised as not having an actual agenda, and an Obama who had a whole lot of failures as well as a vision of America as a punitive but overall small nation.

Obama 'won' because he had zingers and aggressiveness, but this was not a boxing match.

Romney was the PResident, and Obama the challenger. That ain't good for Obama, and that is what happened.

But next time after the debate, tune to MsNBC, now THAT was funny as hell.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650356 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:49 AM
Soledad O’Brien was just interviewing the CNN undecided voter focus group. She asked them (quoting from memory): “How many of you changed your mind based upon tonight’s debate.” A whole bunch of hands went up. But — and this is not a joke — O’Brien refused to ask them who they’d would vote for because voting is a “private matter.”
I’m not making this up.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650358 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 7:01 AM
Soledad O’Brien was just interviewing the CNN undecided voter focus group. She asked them (quoting from memory): “How many of you changed your mind based upon tonight’s debate.” A whole bunch of hands went up. But — and this is not a joke — O’Brien refused to ask them who they’d would vote for because voting is a “private matter.”
I’m not making this up.

It was CNN, they are unbiased in other words, they knew the answer, they had asked already and did not ant to show that more folks now leaned Romney regardless of all the stats that were fit to mint showing Obama won the debate.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650370 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 8:23 AM
No!! FoxNews is NOT FAIR AND BALANCED....it is tipped HEAVILY towards conservatism......MSNBC IS TIPPED heavily towards liberalism. I'm conservative, but I want REALITY. Give me what is real, not what I want in terms of politics.

Man, FoxNews puts on Frank Luntz, the focus group guy with the group of 15-20 or so sitting in room for questioning. And when you put on a focus group, you are supposed to get true political opinion, bias free. Right?? Good grief....Luntz' group is obviously chosen to speak against Obama and FOR Romney.

AOLFOOL

>>>>>>>>>>

you want unbiased, then look at C Span, no talking heads, just the players themselves and you make up your own mind. I watched some of it.
Depressing.

LD

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650372 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 8:26 AM
Recommendations: 1
I watched C Span over the weekend and they had debates between Mondale and Reagan. From what I remember, they had a moderator and three reporters asking questions. Seemed much more civilized in all respects to me.

I don't like the interruptions, the smirks,and the bias of the debates now.

LD

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650374 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 8:35 AM
Recommendations: 24
I don't like the interruptions, the smirks,and the bias of the debates now.

Welcome to the world of the Dem Party. They think anyone and everyone who disagree with them must be stupid, ignorant, and members of the Nazi SS. They have nothing but contempt for America and all thinking Americans.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650387 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 11:22 AM
AOL

Here is the way I look at it AOL. I'm a tad older than you so I can speak from experience as someone who has been interested in politics and current events since I 1st voted in 1980.

The news media has shoveled us leftwing bias since the early 1970's. And I'm sick of it. They got away with it until FOX came along and now FOX has been blowing them away in the rating's wars.

I ROTFLMAO on it every day. I've seen it for over 30 years, experienced it personally when I was involved in a 'pro-life' rally and for all the liberals that cry about FOX? Well...let them cry and show themselves for the puny babies they are now that the table has turned a little bit and conservatives have an alternative.

They created this environment! Now they don't like talk radio or fox because they discovered that people are tired of eating their crap from PBS, MSNBC, NYT and others.

Liberals are major, major whimps. Like all bullies, they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Cry on wusses!

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650390 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 11:34 AM
AOL

AOL,

They used to call CNN the "Clinton News Network" back in the 1990's.

decath

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650418 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 1:27 PM
decath wrote: They created this environment! Now they don't like talk radio or fox because they discovered that people are tired of eating their crap from PBS, MSNBC, NYT and others.

I don't know "who started it" but media, instead of being the watchdog of democracy, has ruined public discourse in this country.

Tabloid journalism has poisoned the water, followed by talking heads posing as journalists. Now they're all just jeernalists with no one to answer to.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650438 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 3:13 PM
Recommendations: 3
You guys on this board scare me more than any Halloween horror could do. You are throwing away the best that America has to offer...open mindedness, enquiry into facts, belief in progress and justice for all and a desire to build a better society.

Ref the media..Have you ever watched PBS? Have you noticed that they have commentators of opposing parties to seriously discuss any debate or important news?

CCinOC, the first correct thing I have ever heard from you is that "Tabloid journalism has poisoned the water "and talking heads" ( such as Limbough?) are posing as sources of news. I totally agree..

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650443 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 3:36 PM
malaoshi
Ref the media..Have you ever watched PBS? Have you noticed that they have commentators of opposing parties to seriously discuss any debate or important news?

I used to listen to NPR on a regular basis on my 45-60 minute hourly commute (one-way) each day.

I understood the liberal bias, but I appreciated the non exasperating tone and soft voices, particularly of "all things considered" compared to some of the 'rightwing' ranting of talk show hosts.

Then in a 2 week span, I heard them discuss in detail two separate issues. The "pro-life/pro-choice" argument and the "Arizona Sherif Joe technique of handling criminals and illegal aliens". Both issues I know a lot about so no liberal BS will fly with me on it.

Being a pro-lifer and with a wife that volunteers at "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" at times, I'm initimately familiar with the issue and the tough calls both sides have to make. The NPR people butchered the piece and basically insinuated that all 'anti-abortion' people were uneducated, backwards nuckle draggers. I was absolutely appalled.

Then they had an immigration special that was so totally biased I could not believe it. Living in TX, I'm also intimately familiar with illegal alien issues. It has affected me personally living in a small town where agriculture and ranching takes place. Hence, illegals abound. I run into these poeple and I understand their plight. But I also know the dreadful affect it has on the local community. NPR butchered it once again and portrayed people like Sheriff Joe as a 1880's style cowboy and only presented the extreme liberal side of the issue. I don't know where NPR is located but I envision them being New Yorkers that live in their gated, protected towers with no experience with 'real' life.

I listen to classical music now on my much shorter commute. <g>

decath

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650446 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 3:43 PM
I used to listen to NPR on a regular basis on my 45-60 minute hourly commute (one-way) each day.

Weekends are the best time to listen to NPR. Shows like A Prarie Home Companion, Car Talk and Wait Wait are really great. Very funny shows, and totally non-political so no liberal bias.

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650467 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 5:33 PM
FOX News does lean Right, but they are the only network to do so. Many on the Left do nt like this because their goal is to silence any opposition.

MSNBC does not lean Left, it is an extension of the Democratic party. They have folks who practice in character assasination (Lawrence O'Donnell) and who actually participate in Democratic function on TV (Ed SChultz). This (MSNBC) is also the only TV outlet that I know of that spends an inordinate amount of time bashing another station (FOX) and it's commentators.

As for the Luntz group, I'm not sure what more you could ask for. If you watched the entire segment he asked who was better on foreign policy, and the majority picked Obama. He also asked who was better on domestic policy, and the majority picked Romney. The majority also concluded that the domestic issues were more important to them. I'd say that's a pretty fair analysis.

Author: agyjdgphil Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650470 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 5:40 PM
I don't listen to NPR, so I can't speak to that, but the PBS Newshour and the commentators are absolutely fair and unbiased. I'm not sure you could tell who is conservative and who is liberal from listening.
And I have to laugh at all the conservatives hollering about the "liberal media bias." Good grief! Huge corporations control the media, and corporations sure as heck aren't liberal. Some of you are so far right that even moderate Republicans, at least before you purged your party of them, looked like flaming liberals to you. Your tent just gets smaller and smaller....

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650478 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:02 PM
Good grief! Huge corporations control the media, and corporations sure as heck aren't liberal.

Hmm, stereotyping a bit?

You probably think all rich people are conservatives too, right?

You might want to try testing your assumptions before you make such broad generalizations, otherwise you might look a bit, well, ignorant.

Your tent just gets smaller and smaller....

How do you reconcile this particular, erm, observation with why poll numbers for conservatives continue to look better and why conservatives did so well in 2010?

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650479 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/23/2012 6:22 PM
Recommendations: 7
Good grief! Huge corporations control the media, and corporations sure as heck aren't liberal.

Hmm, stereotyping a bit?
---------------------
Also what about MSNBC and CNBC being owned by GE? The biggest crony capitalism company probably in the world. Jeff Pattymelt is one of Obama's business advisors and also gets alot of government business for "wind machines", as a matter of fact i believe Pattymelt was sitting next to Obama when he made that hilarious crack about "i guess it wasn't shovel ready as i thought", GE also has "green week" on their CNBC and MSNBC stations, kind of like Obama buys up a bunch of government owned GM duds like the Volt. Or how Goldman Sachs top money getters were Obama and Dodd. Corporations don't want to compete if they don't have to, and democrats are more than happy to oblige. If you don't know that you shouldn't be posting til you can put your own pants on.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650928 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 5:56 PM

But goodness gracious.....do you guys feel it's too much?? You get slammed with political bias? Don't you at SOME POINT, want fair reporting?? I remember Jedi making a post about this.

Dude, you really need a job. <grin>

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650932 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 5:59 PM
---------------------------------
Seriously, who's going to hire him?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650934 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 6:01 PM

Whoa, radical

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650949 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 7:28 PM

Whoa, radical
------------------
He said this board is like family, i want to be his older, wiser, better looking brother <g>.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650952 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 7:32 PM

Whoa, radical
------------------
He said this board is like family, i want to be his older, wiser, better looking brother <g>.

>>>>>>>>
that leaves me and birdlady to be his sisters then. :) or aunts or how 'bout........female friends?

I saw a blurb online, I didn't click on it, saying that men and women can't just be friends. Hmmmmm....I dunno about that.

LD

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650963 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 8:03 PM
Whoa, radical
------------------

I was going for the stoner brother who lives in the basement.
I went to PA and posted why Romney was a poopie head right after that post.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 650971 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/25/2012 8:12 PM
I saw a blurb online, I didn't click on it, saying that men and women can't just be friends. Hmmmmm....I dunno about that.
----------------

I saw it too. The idea is so dumb I didn't read it. Plenty of male 'just friends'. I will admit a couple are gay. <g>

arrete

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 651016 of 726813
Subject: Re: The Crazy Bias of Networks.... Date: 10/26/2012 12:02 AM
If you haven't watched Homeland it's good and so is Dexter. I also like Boardwalk Empire and Treme. I also really like True Blood - which is funny in a gory sort of way. What about Mad Men? If you haven't watched that series it's pretty good too.

All the above are series.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement