Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SailsFroya Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 286  
Subject: The Dangers of “Crystal Ball” Prophe Date: 4/19/2012 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Folks,

Well, it appears Tata Motors [TTM] is moving higher today—on some fairly heavy volume. “Accumulation” has been the word of the day here, for some time now. So far, we’ve broken the 52 week high and, currently, continue to move upward. This is nice to see, especially prior to the release of the FY2011-12 Report. It shows that the expectations for the upcoming report are running high. I only hope we won’t be disappointed by some unexpected revelation(s).

Aside: What I write now is not intended as SPAM, but is offered simply IMHO and FYI.

Mostly, I depend on my personal research and on Motley Fool gleaned information. I find what is posted, and opined, on the MF boards is generally explained rather well. It’s important to “show your work on the board” as my teachers use to say.

I do read and post at Yahoo! as well, but there I’ve found far more “crystal gazing”. To wit, several recent Yahoo! posts have prophesied, without any explained rationale, that this stock would “hit $20/share before $30,” and “Watch it drop to $16 a share”. Such posts simply confirm the ever present danger of making investment decisions based solely on what individuals post to discussion boards. We must each “do the math”—as much as we are capable of doing—and come to decisions with which we are ultimately comfortable. Patience, in well positioned and managed companies, is key to long term gains in a market that is extremely unkind to small investors. Never be fearful, or critical, of “baby steps”. That’s how we all learned to walk.

TTM, of course, could have fulfilled those predictions quoted above; but “even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again.” Personally, I’d prefer to “learn from the mistakes of others” rather than my own ... I hope I’ve learned from both.

All by best, to everyone,

Sails
Position: Long & holding in four accounts: (Average c/s per account: $3.98; $30.28; $16.31; and $18.03). I did some swing-trades in the 2nd account ... but, only a few.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement