Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RickyRango 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1173  
Subject: The Deal Date: 5/24/2005 4:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Maybe someone can clarify this for me. Now that ADBE has split, if the deal went down tommorrow-I would get .69 shares of $32 stock(ADBE) for each $42 share of my Macro??-whats the gig??, or is the deal based on pre-split numbers or forward thinking-ie. deal down the road a ways ? Any help would be appreciated. Miffed Nubie, RR
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jenefair One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1166 of 1173
Subject: Re: The Deal Date: 5/25/2005 10:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I had the same thought, called up adobe investor relations and they said macr holders will get double the .69 shares promised, since they've done a 2-1 split. I checked the adobe website, and confirmed the verbiage was there in their FAQ on the macr merger.

Author: RickyRango 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1167 of 1173
Subject: Re: The Deal Date: 5/25/2005 3:49 PM
Thanks for the follow through-so Macro owners get more like 1.38 shs of ADBE. That sounds much better/ makes sense. I have been a loyal follower of this stock through thick and thin, but had to peel off a little at these levels.
Any thoughts on valuation now is totally tied to ADBE (not such a bad thing) ADBE seems to have a user loyalty close to Apple's with a better PE than Macro has. Seems like a powerhouse combination for graphics/web design folks-wish I knew more folks in the field.
Even if Microsoft kills much of pdf/e-mail, wonder how much business they might lose? Seems like a minor part of what they do.
How much to gain from signed documents and the merger? Does Microsoft have software planned to do this stuff(signed docs)? So many questions, so little time. Thanks again for your help. Still long on Macro-soon to be Adobe, RR

Author: jenefair One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1168 of 1173
Subject: Re: The Deal Date: 5/26/2005 6:37 AM
I confess I sold off some of my macr yesterday, as the valuation just seems insane at this point. I have been long on both ADBE and MACR, but decided "locking in" some profit at this point was smart. I'm going to keep an eye on MACR and buy back in if it goes back down, as I don't see a downside to getting ADBE shares from it in the fall.

I'm a graphic designer and have used both company's products since 1990. I'm not an Apple user, so can't address that question. And I'm not sure what you mean by MS "killing much of pdf/email." I think both Flash and pdf are here to stay, but there's a lot of really cool stuff you can do with Flash for phones, and I think that's where the money's gonna be in the future...and why ADBE has finally bought out MACR.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement