UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960652  
Subject: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 12:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
All the kings cronies and all the kings yes men ..... could'nt get Obama up in the polls again

The Debate .... SHOCKING!

According to Gallup's latest tracking poll, Romney scored a decisive - and historic - win over President Obama in the duo's one-on-one debate, with 72 percent of viewers ranking Romney as the victor and only 20 percent saying the same of Mr. Obama. According to Gallup, that 52-point disparity is the largest Gallup has ever measured on that question.

Even Democratic viewers were seemingly reluctant to rank the president as the debate's winner: 49 percent said Romney won the debate, and 39 percent said Mr. Obama did . Republicans and independents overwhelmingly selected Romney as the winner.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822248 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 12:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Obama put in a poor performance in the debate. No denying it.

Even though Romney won on "style"... which translates into repeating a series of lies very quickly... like a used car salesman.

Still voting for Obama.

He's the fastest horse in the glue factory.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822249 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
It's just amazing that someone who always tells the truth, like Obama, is seen as the loser. He's just so full of thuthiness.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822251 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:19 PM
Recommendations: 44
The thing is...
Winning a debate does not make you the best qualified person to be president of the United States. Romney proved he could out-shout everyone present. Beyond that, he mostly told a pack of lies.

Obama's mistake was not calling him on them.
Obama's mistake was in being too polite.

I would not have been.
I would have rammed his lies right between his pearly-whites.

AM

Author: jah609 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822252 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:25 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<<<Winning a debate does not make you the best qualified person to be president of the United States. Romney proved he could out-shout everyone present. Beyond that, he mostly told a pack of lies.>>>>

WOW! You've accepted and repeated the party line.

Well done.

Author: GrumpyOldGuy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822253 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:31 PM
AngelMay, maybe in the next debate they will give Obama a teleprompter and a relay team with quick thinking and quicker fingers to feed him the info he so clearly lacks on his own.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822254 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:32 PM
Recommendations: 11
AngelMay, maybe in the next debate they will give Obama a teleprompter and a relay team with quick thinking and quicker fingers to feed him the info he so clearly lacks on his own.

---------------

Yeah, you're probably right.
I'm pretty sure the President of the United States of America has absolutely NO information.

AM

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822258 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 1:58 PM
The thing is...
Winning a debate does not make you the best qualified person to be president of the United States. Romney proved he could out-shout everyone present. Beyond that, he mostly told a pack of lies.

I would not have been.

AM

Trouble with that is you'd have been mostly parroting Obama, and he was there, and everyone heard him.

I know that the majority of people you've heard or read have indicated that Romney lied about taxes, and about everything else as well. Fact is, many newswires reported Obama's lies as they popped up in the debate. Have you read any of them?

First off, taxes. It's a nonstarter to say Romney's tax proposals would result in a $5 trillion hole. Everyone in the media knows that's not true. Obama's team knows it's not true. So, if they repeat it continually, it's a Lie. Romney has continually mentioned tax reform in his messages, and eliminating the complexity and absurdity of your tax code.

Then we have many people believing that eliminating the tax cuts for the wealthy, defined as being $250k a year and up, would solve our problems.

Somewhere around $680 billion of revenue would be raised by eliminating the Bush Tax cuts on those making $250k and more a year.

If you let all of the Bush tax cuts expire, it would generate $3.7 trillion over ten years.

If you really want to challenge Romney's statements on something substantive, it would be in the area of pre-existing conditions. That's even a difference between what Romney said and what his own campaign says.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822260 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:02 PM
Recommendations: 2

According to most Fact Checking sites, Obama was having more trouble than with the truth than Romney.

As for whether debates matter...simple question, if they don't matter why have them? Of course they matter and the closer the election the more they matter. They might only move the vote 1 or 2 percentage points but in a close year, that's the difference.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822261 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:04 PM
As for whether debates matter...simple question, if they don't matter why have them?

Same reason politicians visit disaster areas.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822262 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:13 PM
Same reason politicians visit disaster areas.

To look compassionate and to gain some votes in doing so? Or because if they don't they skewed for not caring?

Either way going to a disaster area effects the vote.

BTW, I think Liberals are now declaring the site of the debate a disaster area.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822263 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:17 PM
Either way going to a disaster area effects the vote.

But it doesn't help the victims of the disaster. Just like debates provide no useful information.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822265 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:21 PM
"Even Democratic viewers were seemingly reluctant to rank the president as the debate's winner: 49 percent said Romney won the debate, and 39 percent said Mr. Obama did . Republicans and independents overwhelmingly selected Romney as the winner."

I agree, Romney is THE GREAT DEBATER, but a mediocre governor and would be the worst president next to the last Republican prez.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822266 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:23 PM
Just like debates provide no useful information.

Sounds like Obama's first term...no useful information.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822267 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:25 PM
"Sounds like Obama's first term.."

Nice of you to acknowledge a SECOND term is coming.

Ken

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822270 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:36 PM
Either way going to a disaster area effects [sic] the vote.

Not going to a disaster area affects the vote more than going to a disaster area affects it.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822271 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:42 PM
Nice of you to acknowledge a SECOND term is coming.

So the Mayans were correct...

BTW, First and Only...you can have a first term without a second one.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822275 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 2:53 PM
"BTW, First and Only...you can have a first term without a second one. "

OT: Well, not what I was taught re writing. "First" denotes a series of at least a second. Only in FDR's case was there a third and a fourth.

No one I read ever refers to, e.g. JFK's, Ford's, Carter's or GHWB's time in office as their "first" term.

Ken

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822278 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 3:02 PM
No one I read ever refers to, e.g. JFK's, Ford's, Carter's or GHWB's time in office as their "first" term.

They did in the present...even Clinton and Bush before re-election would talk of their First Term. Obama himself even has said "My first term".

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/president-obama-to-cbs-the-b...

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822288 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 3:34 PM
"I agree, Romney is THE GREAT DEBATER, but a mediocre governor and would be the worst president next to the last Republican prez."

AGREED!

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822296 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 4:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
Even though Romney won on "style"... which translates into repeating a series of lies very quickly... like a used car salesman.

Hmmmm...Still lying about Mitt Romney lying...

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822297 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 5:16 PM
The thing is...

I would not have been.

AM

Waaaaaa sniff, sniff (;_;)

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822301 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 5:27 PM

I would not have been.

AM

That's really mean, and very militant and aggressive.

What would you have said if anyone said that about Obama?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822302 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 5:30 PM
The thing is...

I would not have been.

AM

What is hilarious, at least to me, is about 2 posts before yours I just read a post from this same poster about how can't we jsut be good to each other?

Is anyone really dumb enough to believe that saying this type of stuff in a post really merits more than being called names?

I seriously hope not. There is nothing there, except an empty attack the thing they supposedly decry.

Leftist and the morally outraged leftist in particular are such amazing and undaunted hypocrites. Again, I do feel greatly to the good lord in ensuring they have no sense of shame.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822307 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 5:56 PM
Hmmmm...Still lying about Mitt Romney lying...

When it comes to lying, I can't hold a candle to you, LurkerMom.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822309 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:06 PM
HMALETTER wrote: First off, taxes. It's a nonstarter to say Romney's tax proposals would result in a $5 trillion hole. Everyone in the media knows that's not true. Obama's team knows it's not true. So, if they repeat it continually, it's a Lie.

Was Joseph Goebbels the debate coach for the Obama team?

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State. ~Joseph Goebbels, Reich Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822317 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:23 PM
"Hmmmm...Still lying about Mitt Romney lying..."

When it comes to lying, I can't hold a candle to you, LurkerMom.

Link, pastor Bill?

No? I thought so...

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822319 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:25 PM
Link, pastor Bill?

No? I thought so...

I don't have the time to link just about every post you've ever posted.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822321 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:34 PM
" Link, pastor Bill?

No? I thought so..."

I don't have the time to link just about every post you've ever posted.

lol...I guess any excuse will do when trying to dodge a lie.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822326 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:43 PM
How is it a lie if it's true? First he has the $5 trillion hole. Next is does he have anything to fill it.

So far all he has to fill it is air, and that ain't gonna make a dent.

Ken

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822330 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:45 PM
Even the liberal press has said no Ken. Just not so.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822337 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 6:48 PM
"Even the liberal press has said no Ken. Just not so."

Links? I have yet to see it logically explained. All I see is hypothetical closed loopholes and hypothetical eliminated deductions with NO specificity as to either.

So, Links?

Ken

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822345 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 7:14 PM
The 5.1 trillion is bunk, not true, a lie, a very simplistic and incorrect thought.

Rope A Dope.

The fact that everyone knows where he got the number makes it easy to debunk it.

Links? Give me a break.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822348 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 7:36 PM
"Even though Romney won on "style"... which translates into repeating a series of lies very quickly... like a used car salesman."

It wasn't about Romney. It was about Obama.

The left has always portrayed conservative candidates, such as Reagan & Bush, as intellectual lightweights, while the Clinton's & Obama were seen as scholars. When Obama took office, many here expressed being thrilled at having a president who could "think".

The biggest disappointed about this debate, for the left, was that Obama looked every bit like the "republicans" the left has always looked down upon.
When Romney threw numbers at Obama, he had no comeback because he didn't appear to understand what Romney was referring to.
He fumbled, he stuttered and he appeared to have no command of the issues. Being unprepared doesn't explain it. In fact, Obama seems to have known he might have a poor performance as he openly downplayed his prep work, as if he feared the truth might come out.

Face it Bill, without a writer, the emperor may have no clothes.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822350 of 1960652
Subject: Re: The Debate .... SHOCKING! Date: 10/8/2012 7:47 PM
Winning a debate does not make you the best qualified person to be president of the United States.

Neither does winning the election, but that's the system we've got.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement