UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58870  
Subject: The Dust Bowl Date: 11/18/2012 8:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
As usual on a Sunday evening, we're watching PBS. First, Nova on Hurricane Sandy. And now, Ken Burns' latest: The Dust Bowl.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46271 of 58870
Subject: Re: The Dust Bowl Date: 11/18/2012 8:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you for reminding me! I had forgotten it was on.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46272 of 58870
Subject: Re: The Dust Bowl Date: 11/18/2012 10:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
I knew the dust bowl was bad, but this was even worse than I remembered from American History and The Grapes of Wrath. What's especially sad is that we brought dust-pneumonia death and crop and livestock destruction on ourselves by the way we plowed up the plains. Topsoil is precious in place, but vicious when airborne. Ken Burns doesn't put two-and-two-together for you, but he doesn't have to.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46275 of 58870
Subject: Re: The Dust Bowl Date: 11/18/2012 10:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
Watching The Dust Bowl. I am such a fan of Ken Burns...and NPR.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement