UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308225  
Subject: The 'elusive' debt numbers posting! Date: 7/12/2005 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Yes, its my day off, the 15th is payday; I just paid off GEICO (for the next 6 months) with my ing fund for it, and I'd like to share my credit card debt list for some suggestions.
I did try to put this revised version in the Snowball, but for some reason since I last worked on it in May or so my system won't open it and locks up. (I really wanted to see how it had changed since the previous version too...)

2 cards I pay off every time don't really count,
the credit union card with 30 or 40 $ a month (internet, long dis.phone, sunday papers subsc, etc.)
& the chase Freedom card (Gas with rebates, groceries with rebates, whatever with rebates, as well as Upromise from the rare elusive vendor that it works with. And big junk like Car repair, tires, flights, car rental, etc.) (about $900 this month)
-------------
the Olde Debt:

C: 13580 at .99 % (I think) till December; $200 month min;
fees come to around $12 a month

S: 9390 at 1.99 till either July (that's now?) or September 6.
Minimum around $180
AFter that, up up up (15+?) I will call 800 number;don't trust site.
fees come to around $16 a month

U: 6200 at 4.99 for LIFE. $134 min, but I snowball it.
fees come to around $27 a month

D: 8840.23, 1.90 for LIFE as long as I make a little charge.
(hence the .23 of diesel fuel I got this month.)
fees come to around $15 a month

Card C is actually my ING Slush fund; I decided even with a BT fee (was it 50, I think so) I'll come out ahead with the 3% interest.
When I decided to flip another short term BT to card S I decided I'd take the 9390 from it, and hope for another BT around xmas from someone.
The "freedom" card tempted me with another BT offer, but I so missed those rebates on purchases when I had my last one and was stuck using a points card that got me back a measly $25 visa bonus(oh Thanks, MBNA!).

ok, I think its time I post this & see what comments you all have.

And yes I've missed posting here. My'new' job is one year old on July 16 but it is not a place with computers. IT is different. I bathe & change guys. (and follow the State Pension Star...)

joycets

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement