UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883702  
Subject: The Fastest Food Date: 10/8/2012 7:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wendy's revealed as the fastest food by study that shows chain completes orders in just two minutes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214828/Wendys-Study...

Desert (time is money) Dave
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867962 of 883702
Subject: Re: The Fastest Food Date: 10/8/2012 8:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
There's a whole study of the psychology of fast food places. The bright lights, bright colors and peppy music increases the speed of the "turn," something of interest even to high end fancy dining scenes. The more turns, the more sales.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867964 of 883702
Subject: Re: The Fastest Food Date: 10/8/2012 8:58 PM
The more turns, the more sales.

True. I once read a news story about how fast food restaurant seats were designed to feel comfortable at first, but become uncomfortable after awhile.

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867967 of 883702
Subject: Re: The Fastest Food Date: 10/8/2012 10:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
chain completes orders in just two minutes

I have seen Wendy's execs stating that the sandwich making position is the key to success of a restaurant. A good one can indeed turn out a finished sandwich in under two minutes.

But that is a highly trained and valued employee. Not everyone can do it. I wonder how they are trained. Do you think they have minor leagues?

Yes, the sandwich maker determines how long the lines are, how long the wait, and ultimately how many can be served during the peak lunch period.

Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867976 of 883702
Subject: Re: The Fastest Food Date: 10/9/2012 7:40 AM
Wendy's revealed as the fastest food by study that shows chain completes orders in just two minutes

But I’m a fan of slow food (See; http://www.slowfoodusa.org/ ).
;-)

C.J.V. - haven’t been to Wendy’s in months and never through their drive through, me

Author: JimP102 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868031 of 883702
Subject: Re: The Fastest Food Date: 10/10/2012 12:26 AM
Recommendations: 1
DW and I have both become big fans of the Wendy's Apple/Pecan/Chicken salad w/ pomegranate-vinagrette dressing. A little pricey for FF ($5.95 for the full size) but *really* good. Senior drinks are free.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement