Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The following is the answer I received from Sharebuilder today. I did not ask for tax advise. All I asked was if I was going to receive a corrected 1099-Dividend from them at a later date as some of you have said I probably will. A simple question it seems to me. Just sounds like they are passing the buck. What do you all think?

From Sharebuilder:

In regards to your question concerning your taxes, regulations prohibit us from providing tax advice. If you need assistance completing your tax return, we recommend that you contact a qualified tax advisor or the IRS.

Note: The IRS web site ( is a very informative, well-organized web site and may hold answers to many of the questions that you have.

If you have any further questions, you can reply to, or visit our frequently asked questions section that can be found under the Customer Care section of our website.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.