No. of Recommendations: 1
The Fool's bond board is so superior to M*'s, there's no comparison, but I'll be dropping out, too. $4.95/month is a nuisance fee that needs to be protested by walking.

Excuse me for commenting, but the cost is not necessarily $4.95 a month. If you sign up before 2/14, the cost is $29.95 for 24 months, just $1.25 a month.

High quality discussion boards aren't something that websites create. Posters create the quality....it aggrieves me to have to pay for something that I'm partly creating.

Based on everything I am reading, advertising revenues are down everywhere. Someone must pay, and if advertisers are no longer paying all the freight, then the users must pay a small part of the cost. MF has had two employee layoffs in an attempt to keep from charging.

I am certainly willing to pay $29.95 for the priviledge of reading the quality posts on this board and other MF discussion boards for the next 24 months. I hope the quality posters will join me in paying to keep this and other boards the helpful, informative sources they have been.

Disclosure - I am not an employee or anything else with MF. I am just a user who knows a good thing when I see it, and will not help destroy it by leaving.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement