UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956871  
Subject: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 12:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Only about two weeks to go.

The White House staff is hunkered down, trying to get Obama ready for the Challenge.

OK Mr President, think, where is the Middle East

Ahhhh .... Pennsylvania?

Bears
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822537 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Just like Obama couldn't defend his record in domestic issue debate, it won't get any easier explaining why the middle east is shouting death to American louder than ever under his watch, how can he defend his policies which has resulted in the current situation over there?

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822539 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 1:00 PM
Recommendations: 0
Bears,

Do you really think Mr. Romney will be strong here? I have my doubts - it is hard to know until someone actually becomes president.

I think that President Obama will do better here (he couldn't do worse) and he has done a 'not-bad' job in the foreign policy area (up until the last month or so.) Of course, 'not bad' is not really strong praise...or even admirable praise.

Icemann

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822542 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 1:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
I think that President Obama will do better here (he couldn't do worse) and he has done a 'not-bad' job in the foreign policy area (up until the last month or so.)

Last month? Forget the refusal to give Ambassador Stevens the security he requested...look at Egypt, Obama helped bring the Muslim Brotherhood to power. That was his Shah moment...replacing a brutal leader with a more brutal one. He's been a disaster.

Obama's foriegn policy expert is Biden. that should say enough.

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822550 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 3
Oh man, Obama is going to get creamed.

After all, Romney has proven to be a world leader on his last foreign trip.

And foreign policy is a real weakness for Obama.

It's lights out for Obama.

AW

Author: commoncents33 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822567 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 2:20 PM
All the Pres can say is "Obama assassinated Osama". Of course, if Osama has somehow snuck into the U.S., then he would want to try him in New York City, with publicly funded lawyers. Go figure.

Watch Romney's foreign policy speech from yesterday. You'll see him lay out the contrast between his view of the world and Obama's. Romney believes in the greatness of America, believes in having an enormously strong military, supports our allies, and not our enemies. Importantly, he understands that in all these overseas conflicts, what is critical is who runs the place after the overthrow: we don't want it to be islamic extremists. And we certainly don't want Iran with nuclear bombs.

Obama? He coddles our enemies, spits in the face of our friends, lies about terrorism on 9/11/2012, and his biggest vision for the military seems to be using more green energy and making gay soldiers feel better about themselves.

Quite a contrast. We know Romney will be able to communicate his views. Obama, he doesn't want to...as all his "feel good, be happy" stuff from 2008 has been shown nonsense. And we know when American watches this next debate, the polls will shift even more toward Romney.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822571 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 2:25 PM
Bears,

Do you really think Mr. Romney will be strong here? I have my doubts - it is hard to know until someone actually becomes president.

No way to tell, long term, how Romney will do with anything. Much depends upon how involved he is in the White House and the quality of his advisors (both are areas Obama seems to have lacked on)

As for in the debate, Obama faces a tough road there. The debate will circle around Obama being forced to defend his record, and from Foreign trade to Foreign policy .... Obama has a lousy record.

Bears

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822649 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 4:54 PM
That's the misunderstand regarding getting Osama.

Obama didn't get him, the adminstrations of both Bush and Obama from Bush policy and intel. gathered to obama continuing many Bush policy and their specific direction as well, both adminstrations efforts led to the location of Osama.

Obama just had to say yes or no, he made the right call, i don't many would disagree with that.

so if Obama doesn't give shared credit with Bush and Bush's administration Obama is terrible dishonest hogging all the credit where it's not his to take, he made the yes or no call, but he didn't find him, that was a collective effort from Bush to Obama, period.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822663 of 1956871
Subject: Re: The Foreign Policy Debate Date: 10/9/2012 5:27 PM
Ok child, time to go home for the day.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement