UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (68) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90263  
Subject: The formerly United States of America Date: 11/3/2004 5:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 109
What this election has shown, more than any other thing (and without respect to the outcome in Ohio and the ultimate declaration of winners and losers), is that the USA is a starkly, brutally, divided land.

I am glad not to live there any more. I am glad that my boy cannot be drafted. I am glad not to have to put up with the ignorance of the half of the population that cannot recognize an illegal President making an illegal war and helping the guy who killed 3000 Americans to succeed in his aim... bankrupting the United States. If the US electorate was as intelligent and informed about the real world as they are about the Red Sox, this might not have occurred, but they are not and it did.

...and I am glad that I do not need to return anytime soon. The division that this has proved is too deep to be borne. It is too bitter and brutal to be anything but a danger to the land I was born in.

The USA must reap what Bush has sown before it will understand well enough to reject the demented and globally detested criminals currently in power. Perhaps it is better that Kerry should lose. Blame cannot then be shifted away from the people responsible for the dire straits the country is in today.

respectfully
BJ

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (68) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement