UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134498  
Subject: Re: Christie is dead to me Date: 2/27/2013 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The game in 2016 is rigged. So why play? I'd rather go down with my principles intact and my head held high this time.

The game is rigged, but if, and that is extremely unlikely the Republicans run a candidate who is relentlessly an attack dog.

The Republicans need someone unrepentant. Now I do not like Christie at all, though I do defend him as not worthless and a valuable Republican -- he would do that.

Being a President and being a Governor are very different jobs and how you deal with other is very different. Now, I have ZERO idea where Christie actually stands on anything. SO far, I don't much care for him, but again he is getting done what he can get done in NJ, and it is working for the state and the voters like it.

I hope he is not the candidate, but he is not milquetoast like either Dole or McCain(my apologies to Dole for this comparison, as I like him politically, but no fire at all and a old club style Senator)

The Republicans can win, if they are actually relentless and willing to take the fire of going negative totally and inexcusably. Carry forward a positive message that you repeat until it is a comedy routine, and at every opportunity slam the living heck out of Dems, repeat the truth loud and apologetically, and when you are called on it, make damn sure you start with how they lied about things in Romney's campaign and called Romney a liar for mentioning proven Obama lies and say how they are doing it again, and again, say it often enough until it is a comedy routine.

To win the next election, Republicans need more balls than brains. The Dems flat out suck, stick to that and why as well as why you are better -- never ever deviate, when asked to deviate rinse and repeat.

Republicans have this asinine assumption the public wants nice guys. Obama is not a nice guy he is a complete an utter brick -- Hillary is easy to beat, heck Obama did it, the man who couldn't win a thing until Bill Clinton saved his bacon beat Hillary even though that same guy was on Hillary's side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement