Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 74
I'm sorry to say it, but I warned that this would happen almost two years back.

http://boards.fool.com/i-warned-you-this-would-happen-291116...

When Harvey comes on board, the ship's days are numbered.
One of two things will happen.
1. He'll be completely, universally, ignored... and will eventually give up and go away.
2. He'll gradually ingratiate himself, by talking so much, and discouraging so much other discussion, that other posters eventually find it too difficult to work around him, and give up.

Guess which of the two is happening here.

One third of this board comes from HC now.
He yells his way into every thread, more reasonable posters shy away, one or two of the reasonable posters start to converse with Harve (since everyone else has started to shy away), Harve softens his tone for a while, dials his obnoxiousness level down from its usual 10 to a 6 for a while, throws out a couple of 'appeasement posts' to garner some support (I just read that 'Thank You Uncle Warren, My Hero' post: I have to say I almost threw up), a few people say "Wow, Harvey's not really so bad,"... and now it's Game Over.

Within months, feeling ensconced and liberated, Harve will be back to his *real* self, and we'll be treated to stuff like this every day, every hour:

toddfraud child lets agree everything you say about me is true,
By hclasvegas . Nov 23, 2009 11:16 AM . Permalink
I'm gay, I'm a drunk wino, hooker lover, silicone lover, etc I bought every gaming stock at there all time highs on margin, I own 20 Vegas CONdos at there highs to flip, and raw land, millions of acreas , at the high. In the past year BUFFETT said he wouldn't use the stock to make deals and HE wouldn't split the stock. Are you saying BUFFETT lied, because of me ? fraud, do you think people read this board to find out who I'm dating ? YOU are a professional message board poster, I'm very proud of you kid, you really can take the board OFF TOPIC whenever you want, but lets get back to BUFFETT for a moment ok, fraud ? WHY did BUFFETT lie, sweety ? WHY are so many of BUFFETTS TOP PICKS either boiler room operations OR on FED welfare WHY ? Thank you. TRY to stay on TOPIC sweety.

(*That's* the real HC.)

At that point, the worthwhile posters will be long gone, and the MF Berk board will be another stinking cesspool, like the other forums Harvey has previously infected.

At this point, I give it a year, tops. It's over.
We could have prevented it, but some of us refused to take the threat seriously.

I hope someone has a contingency plan in mind.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement