Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TheExpertNovice Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: The High School Reunion Date: 6/18/2003 2:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 29
I went to the 10th HS reunion but wasn't really that up for the 20th. Because other than the people I was already in touch with, there wasn't that many people left that I wanted to see. But my friends were going, and they convinced me to go along.

One thing I don't like about seeing people after a long time is that so many of them say exactly the same thing to me. It happened at the 10th, and long after the 10th, and now I'm sure it would freak out, my easily freaked out personality at the 20th.

About 2 seconds after I got there it happened for the first time. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and greeted me with: “Mike, you look exactly the same”. Within an hour it happened 2 more times.

Then later it happened a 4th time, but this time it was from a hot looking chick in a low cut dress. For the 4th time in row I was trying to figure out who the L this was that remembered me. But this time there was no name tag to bail me out. I tried to fake it, but she quickly lost interest when she realized I had no idea who she was.

I don't know why all those people keep saying I look exactly the same, because I can see the differences. Back then I had thick dark hair and was a skinny 135 lbs; where as now I have thick dark hair and am a manly 155 lbs. Plus after every haircut, I notice a half dozen or so grays, like a bunch of tiny terrorists attacking my head. Unable to admit to getting older, or even use dye, I pull these out by the roots.
So don't get me wrong, its not like I want to look old, go bald, or gray, or gain a ton of weight, it is just I hate that people know exactly who I am when I have no idea who they are

I saw the hot chick again up at the bar and of course now Adriana is wearing her name tag. One thing that was kind of odd was a whole bunch of married people left the spouse at home. Like the guy I know at the bar hitting on her right then.

Later I checked my yearbook and I can't understand why she would think I would recognize her when she looks totally different. She has a completely different hair style and color and much larger boobs. I looked on the internet and found someone of the exact same first and last name, in the same area, who had just been promoted to a senior marketing position.
While several guys were hitting on her, I think I was the only one who was single. And since contacting women by e-mail had worked for me twice before I decided to send her an e-mail.

I didn't hear anything back, but about two week later ran into my buddy Dave. He asked if I had noticed the boob job on “Audrey”. I had, and then it all started coming back to me. This was the chick that I used to think was twins. Some people called her Adriana, and some people called her Audrey so I thought there were was two of them. It turn out there was only one, and “Audrey” was a hijacking of “Adri” that her family called her, because he mom was also Adriana.

So now there is like every chance that I asked her mom out. I hate when that happens.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement