Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: esxokm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49468  
Subject: Re: MouseBucks - Moves From The Money Making Mou Date: 4/21/2013 2:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The Hulu situation is interesting. What I would like to see the asset turn into is a device for showing movies either right before their theatrical release or right after. Or, Hulu could evolve into a cable channel. I belive most of the Netflixes of the world (not sure how many exist) are destined to essentially become HBO-like in that regard.

But it would be nice to see some radical business models develop. As a thought experiment, consider Hulu owned by Disney; further consider that Disney made THE LONE RANGER available on the platform one week before it was released in the theater and/or available on the platform about a month after its release. Subscribers would be able to watch it, but they would also be able to watch all other Disney content; say Hulu programmed Disney's entire catalog, thus giving subscribers value in between the current theatrical tentpole releases.

That's just my idea, though. The way Hollywood deals are set up, this would be extremely difficult to accomplish. My essential point is Hulu needs a vastly different way of doing business.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement