Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 441140  
Subject: The Human Bible Date: 1/10/2013 9:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I found this a few weeks ago and have been enjoying the podcasts very much:

http://www.thehumanbible.net/

The Human Bible is a podcast that deconstructs and demystifies the Bible. It takes a secular, sober, and impartial look at the Bible—no belief in the supernatural, no favoritism, no animosity. No questions are off limits, and no dogma stifles our inquiry.

Dr. Price’s knowledge is great and he’s entertaining too.

I recommend for all those “Bible Geeks” out there.

(Dr. Price has a another podcast called The Bible Geek, also very good. Listen to it, and soon you too will be quoting Bible verses in the voice of Charlton Heston).
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tedhimself Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416042 of 441140
Subject: Re: The Human Bible Date: 1/10/2013 10:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I tried to listen, but after about 5 minutes gave up. The man rambles and wanders badly.

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416123 of 441140
Subject: Re: The Human Bible Date: 1/11/2013 10:51 PM
Recommendations: 0
I tried to listen, but after about 5 minutes gave up. The man rambles and wanders badly.

Well, different folks and all that. I like him. There's not many resources like this out there if one wants a non-supernatural view of the bible and how it developed.

I've watched some of Richard Carrier's lectures. Good info there, but don't see why he has to throw out an f-bomb every so often. Not very classy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement