Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The issue here is how the bank will report the income. If it will use your social security number then you have to report 100% of the income and back out the other half (showing it as income reported by others). If you can get your bank to take both of your social security numbers and give you both 1099's for the income showing each person's 50% share that would be the best scenario.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.