UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (139) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734420  
Subject: Re: Atheism Date: 1/20/2013 10:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The joy in seeing a son make contact when swinging a bat in Tee-ball
every bit as great as any success I have personally had - and the
pain of leaping up to catch a pass and missing becomes a
wonderfully joyful story well past the pain of a loss is felt.
Even in losing loved ones, we choose the memories we hold
dearest and closest - and we impose our judgement. But that is not
the same as the judgement of the Creator.

You got my point and then let it slip right on by

How the heck do you know that? Is it not presumptuous to believe that you know the will of God if you belief he is a being that does care etc.

You may know, you may not. Did man create God or God create man? Either way would indeed make God exist. Either way he woluld have great value to man, but only if man created God would you be likely to know God's motives.

Once you get into thinking you know the will of God, you are in deep grass IMO. You can trust the Bible or the Koran to tell you God's will, of course in a few thousand years people who study it full time still disagree on what it says, so that may not be the cleanest way to be sure.

IMO, at best Christianity says that God is unable to easily communicate with man and that man has great difficulty with his message -- and I favor a belief in the Christian God BTW.

So please check your assumptions before telling me off. BTW I also know why I enjoyed my daughter's less than 30 percent feats from the foul line as a child and why we celebrated effort -- but how do I know that God feels differently about me? I can guess, but danged if I am going to claim to know.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (139) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement