UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 31082  
Subject: The little orphan Date: 10/19/2012 2:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I'm constantly taking cutting and propagating favorite plants. I stick
these cuttings in a corner of the garden, out of view, and once in a while one falls through the cracks, so to say, and gets forgotten. That
was the case with this Aeonium. I stuck a cutting into a two-inch pot
and was going to transplant it once it rooted. That was three years ago.
In the meanwhile it had done remarkable well, considering how restricted
its roots were. As a reward it's going into a tall pot where its long,
curvy stem and dual rosettes can be appreciated.

http://dotcomjoe.com/1019g1

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30343 of 31082
Subject: Re: The little orphan Date: 10/19/2012 3:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Like people, I guess some plants thrive under adverse conditions.

Richard

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30344 of 31082
Subject: Re: The little orphan Date: 10/19/2012 5:41 PM
That is beautiful. It's good to see that you are still actively gardening. I planted the seeds you sent me and they are part of an "old English garden"....totally wild.

Donna

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30345 of 31082
Subject: Re: The little orphan Date: 10/19/2012 5:46 PM
Donna:

Refresh my memory: what kind of seeds did I send you?

~aj

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30346 of 31082
Subject: Re: The little orphan Date: 10/19/2012 11:02 PM
aj, I can't remember the flower. They were wildflower seeds that I was worried may not grow here in SC, but they took off.

Many of us have started a beautification campaign at our condo complex, and I had planted the seeds in one of our "island/peninsulas" (where the road turns onto another road), and they just keep reseeding.

Donna

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30347 of 31082
Subject: Re: The little orphan Date: 10/20/2012 1:54 AM
...they just keep reseeding. "

Must have been the Chrysanthemum daisies. They spread like weeds. Glad it worked out for you.

~aj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement