UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756706  
Subject: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
arghhh!

after I got off here, I checked faucets and toilets, and the upstairs toilet exploded when I flushed it...I reckon air in the line and it did it again this morning. Eeek!

All the faucets have good pressure except the kitchen, where both hot and cold are low flow and it's the same low flow when they are turned on at the same time all the way open.

I emailed the guy and he said he or the plumber will be over here today and check all the lines.

So, it's another day of wait....frack! I emailed him this morning and asked when I could expect him or the plumber and I'm anxiously awaiting a response. I kind of had a plan for the day and now this ...

I vacced downstairs but didn't put xmas stuff away thinking they'll have to once again, go into the crawl space.

:(

arrrrrrooooooowwwwwwllllll
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667716 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
oh and before you home fix it guys ask....I cleaned out the screw on nozzle on faucet and made sure the water valves were turned all the way on....all checked out.

btw, sure is good to see a dry concrete driveway now.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667722 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 10:10 AM
could be dirt in the line.......

they might have to take out the valve , clear the line, and put valve back in on the faucets.....

isn't home ownership wonderful? one problem after another.

I'm thinking of upgrading the old metal frame windows......to some new low E argon filled energy saving ones. Just one arm and one leg...and that is for half the house. For the other half, they want another arm and leg......

t.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667746 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 11:23 AM
isn't home ownership wonderful? one problem after another.

I'm thinking of upgrading the old metal frame windows......to some new low E argon filled energy saving ones. Just one arm and one leg...and that is for half the house. For the other half, they want another arm and leg......

t.

>>>>>>>>>>

It's a great big money pit but for the most part, all of that is behind me unless something like this happens again. I've updated the house and spent beaucoup money to do that over a period of years. I did the window replacement deal and I got a tax credit for it....windows, storm and exterior doors. Had all the interior doors replaced too since they were those cheap azz luaun doors and they had holes and scratches in them from pets over the decades.

My reasoning to do it was to get it over and done with so when I do get ready to sell, I didn't have to deal with it then, lining up workers and more importantly money. In the meantime, before selling, I get to enjoy a more comfortable and energy efficient house.

Those windows and doors have helped on my electric bills. No shade trees over the house so it absorbs a lot of heat in the sultry, southern summertime.

LD

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667833 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 5:45 PM
I emailed the guy at noon to tell him I would be out for awhile and would check back. He sends an email and says he's waiting for the plumber to come back to my area and he would give me a shout when he does....today that is.

well don't you know I've been sitting in the house like a lovelorn girl waiting for this guy to call me. I'm about to scream and have already.

I've done my weightlifting now all I need to do is cardio.....this forced isolation is driving me batchit! I gotta get out of the house!

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667863 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/22/2013 11:31 PM
All the faucets have good pressure except the kitchen, where both hot and cold are low flow and it's the same low flow when they are turned on at the same time all the way open.

THAT, most likely, is a clogged nozzle on your kitchen faucet. Right at the end of the spout, immediately before the water starts falling into the sink. It unscrews pretty easy, and most aren't hard to clean out. The end bits are also pretty cheap, and you can get them with swivels so you can direct them around to different parts of the sink a bit more.

(Or you can pay a bundle to get one that has another valve on it to divert the water through a filter.)

As for the other part, yes, most likely it's air in the lines and will work itself out over time. But it can't hurt to ask an actual plumber (i.e. not me) about other possibilities.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668182 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/24/2013 9:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
after I got off here, I checked faucets and toilets, and the upstairs toilet exploded when I flushed it...I reckon air in the line and it did it again this morning. Eeek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAiACzCCMY

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668185 of 756706
Subject: Re: the men are expected to be back Date: 1/24/2013 10:12 PM
I bet he really didn't say Holy cow.

arrete

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement