UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8887  
Subject: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/14/2011 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Dividend Stocks!: The Mother of All Sortable Charts for 2010

"So, MarketBeat pal Howard Silverblatt — the high priest of the S&P 500-stock index — is up to his usually tricks, compiling massive amounts of dividend data that people can then put to use. The gall.

Here’s 2010: The Year in Dividends. For all those souls out there desperate for decent numbers on boring stocks that pay you to wait, here you go. Dividend yield data, is as of the end of the day yesterday, Jan. 11. The numbers are adjusted for splits, which are indicated in the company line. The table is sortable by clicking on the title at the top of each column. Enjoy. We shall collect your life oaths of fealty to MarketBeat in the comments section."

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011/01/12/dividend-stocks-t...

FYI
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6593 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/14/2011 1:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Thanks!

Too bad they left Payout Ratio off the chart. Without that the whole thing is pretty useless to me.

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6594 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/14/2011 1:41 PM
Recommendations: 7
RH...
You might want to look at the Dividend Champions spreadsheet (or PDF), located here...
http://dripinvesting.org/Tools/Tools.asp

(Note that there are tabs at the bottom for the Champions (25+ years), the Contenders (10-24 years), and the Challengers (5-9 years)...in all, over 400 companies.)

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6595 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/14/2011 1:43 PM
Recommendations: 4
I should have mentioned that if you scroll to the right in the Champions spreadsheet, you'll see Funadmental date, including payout ratio, P/E, etc.

Author: NiceGuyMax Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6596 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/15/2011 12:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
David, No one can best your work.

Author: dfish Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6597 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/15/2011 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
Max,
Thanks...I try my best!
d.

Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6598 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/16/2011 2:47 AM
Recommendations: 3
How long has the company been paying the dividend?
What % of earnings do these divideds represent?
What % of operational free cash flow do these dividends represent?
What has the dividend growth rate per year been over the past 10 years? 20 years?
Has the growth rate been trending upward? Downward? Constant? Fluctuating?

This is some of what a true dividend investor needs to know.

And when I read "...dividends while you are waiting..." I always wonder...waiting for what? Is there some bell that will go off when its time to abandon dividend paying stocks for the next hot asset class?

A Mr. dfish (sorry, I don't know his name) provides one of the best quarterly comilation of dividend paying stocks I've found.

BruceM

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6599 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/16/2011 6:35 AM
Recommendations: 5
A Mr. dfish (sorry, I don't know his name) provides one of the best quarterly comilation of dividend paying stocks I've found.

BruceM

Absolutely. If you don't like the list that I posted, then ignore it. And no one was suggesting that the list included everything you need to know. Heck, I even consider dfish's excellent list a starting point for my research.

Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6600 of 8887
Subject: Re: The Mother of All Sortable Charts Date: 1/17/2011 7:05 PM
Recommendations: 2
Mad
It's not that the list you found and shared isnn't potentially useful, it could be a good starting point. But the updated quarterly 'Dividend Champions' is a tough act to follow :-)

BruceM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement